Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What a Difference a Year Makes

365 days with 24 little hours. So this time last year I was catching a black cab to Heathrow after saying a final teary goodbye to my dear dear friend on a sunny spring morn in Islington and feeling pretty stressed and sad and fearful. And now here I am across the other side of the world, living a completely different life, nearly ready to buy a house, happy and healthy and excited about the future. It is quite unbelievable what can be achieved in only one year, imagine what you could do in a lifetime?!

I read a great quote the other day by Richard Bach an American author that goes

"You've given up your whole life to be the person you are now. Is it worth it?"

Gets you thinking about the decisions that you make and are they the right ones, about personal responsibility and how everything that you do now will affect your life in the future. Well, made me think about that anyway! I would never change anything in my life because that's what has made me who I am today, and after everything that I've gone through, even the really hard stuff, I feel as though I can say with conviction that it is worth it, that life is definitely worth it.

Christ it's all getting a bit heavy up in here, so will finish on a lighter note with this fantastic song by my latest style icon which I have on heavy You Tube rotation at the moment, dedicated to all the amazing people that helped me make it to the place (geographically, psychologically and spiritually) that I am at today... thank you/ love you/ miss you


No comments: