So I spent $15.00 yesterday, when I promised myself that I wouldn't spend a penny on a Monday. So sue me. It would have been to the detriment of my spiritual well being if I had have denied myself, as I broke my vow to attend "Buddhism in a Nutshell". This kind of talk doesn't happen often in small town and you need to grab at enlightenment when you can, otherwise life just becomes a blur of angry garlic bread munching people and scary sea life. And if I was organised I could have prepaid for the course so I feel completely justified in my Freeday FAIL. Kinda.
Anyway, on to more important things like what exactly was inside a Buddhist nutshell. From what I could gather it's a pretty happy place, one where you are trying to end suffering, and there was also something about wheels and noble truths which was all very interesting and definitely worth further exploration. At the end we also did a half hour guided meditation in which parts of my body completely disappeared. Meditation is quite scary sometimes, I had to keep opening my eyes to check I was still all there. Which I was thank goodness because I would have been a bit annoyed if I broke my promise to myself and then also lost the lower left side of my face.
No comments:
Post a Comment