Monday, August 9, 2010

Monday Freeday #2




I was stressing out a little bit this morning, thinking about the second ever Monday Freeday and how I really wanted to be able to blog about all these amazing free things that were given to me by the universe - a car, jewellery, a trip to Tokyo, a teleporter - you know, that sort of stuff.

If you have ever read The Secret, you will know that all you have to do is visualise what you want, and it will come to you via the law of attraction. I'm a big believer in thoughts having a massive influence on what happens in your life, but thinking about the teleporter et al on the day that I want them, just so I have something amazing to blog about is probably stretching the law to its outermost limits... there's attraction and then there is downright demanding too much too late in the game!

And anyway, as Freeday # 2 progressed, I realised that sometimes it's not the trinkets or the time and space bending equipment you need in your life, but rather a nice chai and a read of the paper in the sunshine before work, or a lovely bike ride along the coast after work to make you grateful for the universe and its simple, free pleasures.

No comments: