Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Monday Freeday #4

Yesterday produced a veritable cornucopia of free things including...
  • A video chat with one of my best friends and her very gorgeous little man over Skype. If you don't have this amazingly awesome free video calling service on your computer already, you can download it for free here. When you use for the first time it feels like you are a character in a futuristic sci fi movie from the 1960's
  • A slice of strawberry cheesecake (which wasn't that tasty) and a chai (which was) from work
  • Window shopping at the army surplus store whilst dreaming of a new series of bags to make



  • A trashy novel about models and two groovy 1970's Staffordshire Potteries mugs from the Red Cross. I don't know why I like trashy novels about models (or Danielle Steel for that matter) but I just do
  • Getting my bike seat adjusted by the young man at the cycle shop
  • A tour around the local aquatic centre. Even though spa pools are kind of yucky, like simmering in a big pot of people stew, I need to do something to help the old joints get through the next week of pacing up and down the tardis of a restaurant I work in
So thank you Skype, work, army surplus, the Red Cross, young man and sport centre for making it a good No Mon(ey)day (hhmmm, Monday Freeday still seems to work best).

No comments: