I wasn't stressed about Freeday at all today because I had a plan to visit one of the coolest, free-est places ever - the library! I mean how incredible is it that virtually every city/ town/ hamlet/ village in the world has a space specifically set aside to house mountains of lovely books and newspapers and magazines and musical scores and CDs and DVDs that everyone can enjoy FOR FREE!!! And even when the city/ town/ hamlet/ village doesn't have one, the mobile library comes a-calling every few weeks. How great is it that we have so much knowledge and information ready and waiting for us and we don't even need to pay an admission fee.
I am also astounded by how much trust this great institution has in us. What other business in the world lets you take stock away to use without any payment in the belief that you will return it in three weeks time? None that I can think of. I just want to send a big shout out to the clever clogs who came up with the concept, thank you from the bottom of my geeky heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment